German immigration law requires visa from citizens of certain countries to enter Germany or at least to stay here longer. Visa are issued by embassies or consulates. Short-term stays up to 90 days are  governed by the rules of the Schengen Akquis, whereas longer stays require so called national visa. I help with both kinds.


Citizens of certain countries who do not require national visa (e.g. US citizens) would still need a residence permit, if they want to stay longer than their visa free period. The grounds for residence permits are for example studies, work or family reunification. I advise clients in respect of the requirements and the procedure.


EU citizens can stay in Germany because of the freedom of movement. However, there are various conditions, which I can explain and discuss with my clients.
When foreigners have lived for a number of years in Germany, they might want to apply for German citizenship. I consult in those questions and represent my clients in front of the authorities.

Hinweis: Bitte die mit * gekennzeichneten Felder ausfüllen.

Your data will be processed and stored on Google-servers (possibly in the US) and, if helpful, on local hard drives for six months.

Hinweis/Please note: Durch das Klicken der Buttons könnten die Betreiber der sozialen Medien Ihre Daten verarbeiten und speichern. / By clicking the buttons the respective social media company might process and save your data.

Phone Hamburg: +49-(0)40-2281-3622
Phone Berlin: +49-(0)30-2023-7947

Please also check out our new site